What are cookies?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
These are the different types of cookies we may use on our website:
- Essential cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our sites (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our web site or use a shopping cart). These cookies enable you to move around the sites and use their features. Disabling these cookies will encumber the sites’ performance and may make the features and service unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies. These cookies allow us to analyse activities on our sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our sites work. For example, we may use these types of cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our websites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our website when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our sites’content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality cookies.These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising cookies.These cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our site, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us and our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. When we and our service providers do so, this also involves partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms that help to manage the data. We may also append other data to information collected by these cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you.
How does Manutec.ie collect and use other information?
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the sites;
- Process your orders or submitted documents or text:
- Analyse your visiting patterns to improve our sites;
- Deliver, communications, and content from us and third parties, on our sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use our site, and how they use them, to keep our sites running efficiently and to better understand our sites’ audiences.
- If you register on one of our sites, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes. We may also use some third party cookies including Google Analytics.
How long do cookies stay on my device?
Some cookies operate from the time you visit a Manutec.ie service to the end of that particular web browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and others use persistent cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our sites, how often you return, how your use of the sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Who puts the cookies on my device?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Manutec.ie as the site operator. These cookies are called “first party” cookies. Some cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Manutec.ie. These cookies are called “third party” cookies. For example, a Manutec.ie partner may place a third party cookie to enable online chat services.
Cookies may also be used to allow us and third parties to know when you visit our sites, and to understand how you interact with e-mails, advertisements, or other content. Through cookies, aggregate and other information not identifying individual users (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from e-mails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the Manutec.ie site or who clicked on links or graphics included in e-mail newsletters received from Manutec.ie. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how Manutec.ie sites are used, to perform analytics and help us to optimize our sites, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
How do I manage cookies?
You can decide whether or not to accept cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser’s settings. Most internet browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings (please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our web site). The following websites provide information on how to adjust the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
What about other tracking technologies?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. Manutec.ie may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our web sites or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
How does Manutec.ie respond to a Do Not Track signal?
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, Manutec.ie Services and websites do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
This notice updates and supersedes previous versions. We may change this notice at any time. The “LAST UPDATED” section at the top of this page lists when this notice was last revised. Any changes to this notice will become effective when we make the revised notice available on or through the sites.